Friday, March 22, 2013

Shop Review: Howdy, Garters by Lori!

Good evening, Fanatics!


In the slow, drunken wake of my 21st birthday, I thought this week's Shop Review would cover a trade I recently did with Garters by Lori.


I stumbled upon GbL in the lineup of artists participating in my trade groups latest event. I fell in love with both the utility and simple, pleasing look of her flasks and garters. Originally,
I had wanted to trade for a black colored flask; but it sold out quicker than I could ask for it and I settled for my second choice, a flask garter with 4oz flask - Carmine Red.

How did Lori's Garters hold up?
Quality:                                                                                           9
The garter is wonderful. It fits well and is adjustable with plastic buckles; the garter itself being a deep red elastic. (Lori gives measurement for her standard garters and asks that you request a smaller or larger size as needed.) The flask is high quality and snug inside of the holder and I don't feel any danger of it falling out during wear. 
Price:                                                                                               8.5
This garter cost about $40. Most of the standard garters WITH flask cost about $40-$45, with custom ones running a bit more. Garters WITHOUT a flask included are around $35, and flasks run about $10-$15, so getting a whole set is better than getting one or the other. I think that the price is a bit steep, but Lori offers deals (details available on her Etsy shop), and I haven't found a nicer quality flask garter for less anywhere else.
Shipping:                                                                                        10
Shipping is very quick and almost outrageously low priced. It costs $2.00 to get a metal flask shipped to you in less than a week. That's way less than an article of clothing from an established online catalog.
Shopping Experience:                                                                    9.5
Lori is very quick at replying, and super friend;y as well. One of the best customer service interactions I've ever been a part of. It was a real pleasure trading with her.
 Overall Rating:                                                                  9.25

No comments:

Post a Comment