Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Shop Review: Em and Sprout

Greetings Fanatics!

My holiday shopping has begun and today's review is on shop Em and Sprout. I've previously purchased from Em and Sprout; a few years ago I bought her now discontinued "Things in Space" t-shirt as a reward for doing well at a convention. It's taken me 2 years to revisit the shop, but when I saw this very cute Jack-o-Lantern necklace on the shop's Instagram, I fell in love.

My current necklace model.


Em and Sprout's style can be summed up in one word: cute. Large eyed animals stare sillily at you from shirts and bags and sweet looking ghosts dangle from necklaces and pins. Em and Sprout specializes in screen printing her designs on totes and hoodies and making dresses out of printed fabric featuring her art.

I'm finding myself drawn to Jack-o-Lanterns this season - the seemingly endless variation of expression on orange faces amuses me and I can count at least 5 Jack-o-Lantern items from around my room that were purchased within the last month. This necklace from Em and Sprout is fairly simple- made up of two laser cut pieces of acrylic and a black ball chain- but the simplicity is something that I like about it. It reminds me of vintage Halloween cards - the 2 tone design reminiscent of stamps from my childhood. Looking at this necklace makes me nostalgic and happy. I can wear this necklace around to add an obvious Halloween theme to my outfit or have it hanging on my wall as decoration.



If you love cute or kawaii themed art, give Em and Sprout a try.

Stay Fanatic,
Megh


No comments:

Post a Comment