Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Weekend Roundup

Greetings Fanatics!

Happy October! We're well into the month, but I'm so happy October is finally here. It's usually our busiest time of the year, activities wise, so I haven't had a chance to sit down and write until now.

What's been going on with us?


  • We've been taking every chance we can get to go outside and hike! The weather is finally tolerable, so Memorial Park and the Houston Arboretum has been seeing us more than usual. The parks are jam-packed this time of year, reminding me of the short sci-fi story "All Summer in a Day" by Ray Bradbury, where school children on Venus are let out to play in the sun, which only appears for two hours every seven years. Read it if you love to cry. This weekend is filled with more hiking with a trip to either Froberg's Farm or Dewberry Farm for hay rides and pumpkin picking.
  • Sister Hannah's outside cat Fage (like the yogurt) gave us an autumn bounty of 4 black Halloween kittens, born just this last Saturday. I'm hoping at least one of them turns out to be a female, so that I can have one (Aaron doesn't want another male cat because of the health problems they often have)
  • Aaron and my anniversary is later this month, celebrating 5 years of Fanaticism.
  • We recently went to the Houston Grand Opera's costume sale, which was pretty much a bust for everyone there. Though we did manage to snag 2 sweaters, 2 cardigans, and a dress for $9. The last time they had a public sale of their costumes was 15 years ago and after this weekend, I wouldn't miss it if they never did a sale to the public again, instead just having a sale for schools.
  • Halloween is coming up and I'm making Isaac's first Halloween costume.
  • Next month, I am participating in Pop Shop America's Winter Fest Market on Black Friday, so I'm also preparing for that.
I have some stuff coming in the mail and some events that we'll attend soon, so there will be some reviews coming up. I've been trying to get Aaron to write a series on the habitats in our house but he's very structured in his writing and is taking forever. So maybe look for that. 

In any case;
stay Fanatic,
Megh

No comments:

Post a Comment