Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Happy 2017

Greetings Fanatics!

I haven't seen you since early November, which means that we've been silent for about 6 months. Winter this past year was too nice to pass up staying busy and I feel like it's appropriate that I usually start posting in the spring after a hiatus. Dormant seeds springing up when it's warm and wet out.

Anyway. There is lots to update you about: new pets, new stuff, new things that we're up to.

Sister Hannah's autumnal bounty of cats produced one fruit for this family's benefit, in the form of a black kitten named Black Philip. He has grown, in the last few months, from being a very bad kitten with a penchant for leaping on my back with claws out to a mostly good young cat that doubles as a bug eater and escape artist.
Last month, we acquired Isaac's first pets, a pair of male gerbils named Sunee (Sunny) and Conee (Coney). They reside in a 20 (?[Correct me, Aaron]) gallon aquarium with a mesh lid and dig tunnels in the coconut substrate that Aaron, the friend of all animals, filled their home with in order to more emulate their natural environment. They're fun to watch.

I've slowed down on plush making for the time being, only having made one custom plush this year so far. I've been focusing on my new job as a freelance online content writer, a job that takes no creativity, only technical skill and a willingness to write. It pays more consistently than plush making does and gives my creativity a chance to rest and recuperate after 2016's push to make as many new toys as I could. As a result, we also skipped Houston's Comicpalooza for the first time in 4 years; besides the waning sales last year, I didn't feel up to the plush rush. An impromptu trip to Austin for Mother's Day took its place.
I've been focused on art as my creative outlet lately, a new zine series in the work - its progress will be shared occasionally on this blog.

Aaron's been up to the usual, collecting bugs and making pixel art and making big, beautiful terrariums. I'm trying to goad him to do more posts this year, or at least consulting with him so that I may make more nature related posts.

That's all for now, I may start writing shorter posts more frequently in lieu of my usually formatted posts. There will still be reviews and party posts, but a lot more rambling as well.

Until next time, stay Fanatic,
Megh

No comments:

Post a Comment