Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Artist spotlight/Shop Review: L0ll3 Shop commission

Some people like to be spooked. Some people like only the sweetest things in life. I belong to that ever growing group of people that admits they like both - the creepy cute crowd. A mixture of kitsch and bubblegum and horror, creepy cute is a little hard to pin down. Is it black bats on pink sweaters? Is it vintage halloween cat cards in an ornate rococo frame? Whatever it is, Lolle of L0ll3 Shop has got it down.

I originally found L0ll3 Shop on Etsy while searching for plushies to collect. 





I found this charming fellow, but at the time was unable to purchase it. Lolle is based in Italy, which makes me balk on shipping the bulkier items here to Texas. She has a fine assortment of postcards and stickers with her art on it as well as a red bubble shop where you can get her designs on phone cases and duvets, but I really wanted something customized for me. After following her social media pages for about a year, I finally saw the post I was waiting for. Commissions were open.
I emailed Lolle and she responded quickly. Communication is no issue - her English is terrific, which is great because my Italian is very elementary. My commission was finished within 2 days of my payment, much faster than I expected. I did get the digital commission instead of the traditional art one, which is mailed to you, for cost/patience reasons. She updated me often on how work was going, making sure everything was the way I wanted it down to the color palette and background. She emails a very high resolution of the finished project for you to print or use digitally however you'd like. 

I love my portrait! It's the first art commission I've ever gotten for myself and dealing with the artist was very pleasant and smooth. I'm terribly pleased with the end result and I'd highly recommend l0ll3 Shop to lovers of the creepy cute style. I'd also recommend to check out her Instagram or Tumblr for interesting w.i.p shots or shop updates - she takes beautiful photos of her process!
Stay Fanatic,
Megh

No comments:

Post a Comment