Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Wednesday Shop Review: Defective Pudding

This week's Shop Review is illustrator Defective Pudding!
I found Defective Pudding on my recommended posts on Instagram and fell in love with her pie-eye and slightly creepy illustrations. I've been on a zine kick for the past year, so I bought 3 of the zines available in her shop; I See You, Witch Hands, and Halloween Inks.

My order shipped quickly and arrived packed very well. That's always important, especially for collectible paper goods. All the zines I purchased were in black and white and made with good quality heavy paper.

I See You is a neat little zine with various bits from the artist's sketch book inspired by women and dark forces of the 1800's. Witch Hands is filled with mini comics about a young witch in training and is super cute. These two zines are good if you want a small, fun zine.

I was most impressed with Halloween Inks, which is 15 front to back pages from the 2015 Drawlloween/Inktober challenge where artists draw a themed sketch for each day of October. I love the cartoony ghosts and goblins that haunt the pages of this mini art book. I also opted for a personal sketch on the back of my Halloween Inks copy, which I was super excited to see.


I was really pleased with my zines from Defective Pudding. Along with other zines, you can find prints, stickers, coloring books and the occasional original art piece in it. The artist, Christa, is very nice and quick to respond to questions. I really recommend treating yourself to a creepy cute piece of art from here if you like the 1920's pie-eye style with a weird twist.


Stay Fanatic,
Megh

No comments:

Post a Comment